Multipurpose beauty products are, dare we say it, a true thing of beauty. Regardless of where you’re from and what you do, getting more bang for your buck is a universal concept that can be applied to people from all backgrounds and all walks of life. It’s a matter of principle!
We’re delving into the world of versatility, and we’re taking you on this journey with us. Say goodbye to guilty consciences and wasted money – here are 3 completely natural, multipurpose beauty products that will transform your beauty regimen from head to toe.
Tree tree oil
Anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory and wonderful smelling, this essential oil really is full of tricks. There is a reason why it has always been a staple in the world of natural remedies.
- It acts as a treatment for reducing the severity of skin issues such as acne or eczema and can even be used as antiseptic for cuts to heal faster and fast track your journey to smooth, glowing skin.
- Boasting anti-bacterial properties means that adding a drop or two of tea tree oil to a glass of water will provide you with the perfect homemade mouthwash to keep your gums healthy and mouth fresh.
- Diluting a few drops with your shampoo can help you fight against any embarrassing dandruff issues due to its anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties. Yes to moisturising and no to dry scalps!
Tea tree oil must be diluted with a carrier oil (sweet almond oil or coconut oil are options) or simply water before applying topically as the pure oil itself can give your skin a burning sensation if left undiluted. We definitely don’t want that!
Used all around the world in the realm of skincare, it is no fluke that cocoa butter is so popular. One of its most beneficial properties is the fact that it is very antioxidant rich, fighting against the free radicals that wreak havoc on your skin. In the long term, this means that cocoa butter can help slow down the aging process, but there is more to this magical butter than just that!
- Chapped lips are a thing of the past. As a natural emollient, applying cocoa butter to your lips will ensure that they stay full and moisturized whilst also shielding them from any environmental factors such as the wind or the cold. It also smells amazing if you combine it with your own choice of essential oils to create your own lip balm.
- For the skin-conscious guys out there, did you know that cocoa butter actually serves as an excellent pre-shave ritual? Warm your face with a wet towel and massage in some cocoa butter to give yourself a perfect base for a non-irritant, smooth shave that also keeps your skin happy.
Everyone knows that this beloved nut oil is a skincare staple. A nutritional powerhouse, super-rich in vitamin E and anti-bacterial fatty acids, it is also a natural emollient, but did you know that…
- It can be used as a makeup remover that is effective and fragrant at the same time. Apply some to a cotton pad and softly buff away any makeup in a circular motion. Rinse your face off with some warm water and say goodbye to panda eyes!
- Coconut oil is a great cuticle softener and also strengthens the nail. This will also ensure that you don’t have any issues with hangnail – always a plus!
Versatility should never be unwelcomed. Creating several solutions with the same product keeps our heads and our purses happy, as it won’t leave you desperately running out of the house in search of an emergency lip balm or makeup remover. We made our luxurious Moisturising Oil with exactly this in mind, and here we wrote all about how it ranges from a nourishing bath oil to a protective beard oil – a jack of all trades worthy of any bathroom cabinet!
There’s probably nothing worse than buying something, only to watch it waste away, and now with multipurpose beauty products you no longer have to! Do you have any beauty products that you use as a multipurpose solution? We’d love to hear your top tips! Let us know on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter @maleeonline.